What Is Allied Health
Allied health professionals are the prime movers of healthcare… providing patient care, diagnostics, treatments, and administrative support – in virtually every healthcare setting.
Modern US healthcare would not exist without allied healthcare professionals.
Allied healthcare professionals include:
- Medical Assistants
- Patient Care Technicians
- Dental Assistants
- Surgical Assistants, Surgical Technicians, and Sterile Prep Technicians
- Medical Technologists / Clinical Laboratory Scientists
- EKG/ECG Technicians
- Radiology Technicians
- Dieticians and Nutritionists
- Physical Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialists
- Medical Administrative Specialists
- Medical Information Technologists
- Pharmacy Technicians
- Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics
… just to name a few.
A career in allied healthcare is rewarding, and the options and opportunities are diverse.