Benefits of Online Preparation
Convenience. Affordability. Flexibility.
When the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic made virtually all training go online in 2020, people saw what DRN Education has been saying for years: You do not need to put your entire life on hold for 3 years, spend $100,000 or more, and move halfway around the world in order to prepare for US healthcare training and/or practice.
While it is true that…
- Some students require in-person instruction and motivation,
- Practical skills cannot be learned and/or evaluated virtually, and
- ALL students will benefit from some in-person time in the United States prior to placement
… many students find it advantageous to do a lot of their preparation online.
Typically, individuals who come to the US to do all of their preparation via in-person study programs:
- Have to obtain student visas and have to contend with the associated restrictions and inconveniences of maintaining student visa status
- Have to quit their current jobs and are restricted from earning money while in the United States
- Have the compound expenses of paying expensive tuition AND providing for the cost of living — while (probably) not being able to earn money
- Have to leave family and friends behind – sometimes spouses and children – to come to the US while studying… and may not see them for months
With online preparation — which can be just as good (or even better) — this is not the case.
A well-designed online study plan…
- Allows you to stay where you are – be that still-in-school or working
- Gives you a LOT of flexibility to study where and when you can… while still taking care of life and your existing obligations and responsibilities
- Blends a variety of effective online resources and tools on a timeline that prioritizes your goals and is balanced with your needs
- Includes some in-person practical training – which can generally be accomplished in a few months (and usually on a tourist visa, if needed)
- Permits you to continue working and earning money to underwrite your studies
- Keeps you near the support of family and friends during a stressful process
- Costs CONSIDERABLY less
- Usually takes the same amount of time – or, might even take less
A DRN Education academic advisor is excited to put together a timeline and online study plan for you.
Contact us today, for more information or to make an appointment to speak with an advisor.